On the 4th October 2016 Harraton Surgery and Springwell House Surgery (Durham Road, Sunderland) merged into one company known as I J Healthcare, this means Harraton Surgery became the main site and Springwell House a branch site. The branches are now known as I J Healthcare @Harraton Surgery & I J Healthcare @Springwell House Surgery and these will remain as two separate sites. The merger allows patients from both surgeries access to the other surgery should they wish.
Please see attached link for Harraton most recent CQC report however, this will be updated in due course upon new inspection of the merged sites.
PATIENT PARTICIPATION GROUP
We currently have a small virtual Patient Participation Group. Our members are very proactive in helping us to improve the practice.
Become a member of Patient Participation Group
- Help the practice to respond to the needs and wishes of patients and agree expectations of both patients and clinicians.
- Work to improve communication between the practice and its patients.
- Help in urging patients to take responsibility for their own health.
- Be instrumental in building a relationship between the practice and patients that breaks down barriers and shares information.
- Provide practical support and help to implement changes.
- Offer to the practice the time, experience and expertise of volunteers.
- Become involved in the wider network of city-wide Patient Participation Groups.
- Conduct surveys of patient opinions from time to time.
The group urgently needs more volunteer members in order to more widely represent the views of all patients in the practice. Contact our practice receptionist Beverley Harper to join the group